Is acupuncture covered by insurance?
The good news is that yes, many insurance companies now offer policies that cover acupuncture and related services performed by an Licensed Acupuncturist Physician. There are still many insurance companies that do not cover acupuncture, and many that will only cover it if it is being used to treat an illness, aches and pain.
Does my insurance cover acupuncture?
You can find out if your insurance provides acupuncture benefits by calling our office or by filling out the form below. We will gladly verify benefits and get back to you with that information.
What insurance Dr. Regina accepts?
Even though benefits varies from insurance company, Dr. Regina works with the following companies:
- Aetna - only PPO plans
- AVMED - only PPO plans
- BlueCross BlueShield - only PPO plans
- Cigna - HMO and PPO plans
- United Healthcare - HMO and PPO plans
What are some of the health conditions that my insurance will pay for treatments?
Most health insurance companies considers needle acupuncture (manual or electroacupuncture) medically necessary for any of the following indications:
- Low back pain
- Sciatic and hip pain
- Neck and shoulders pain
- Thoracic or middle back pain
- Knee pain, lower legs pain
- Ankle pain, foot pain, heel pain
- Elbow, wrist or forearm pain
- Migraine headache
- Nausea of pregnancy
- Pain from osteoarthritis
- Post-operative and chemotherapy-induced nausea and vomiting
- Temporomandibular disorders (TMJ) or jaw pain
To make sure you are eligible for coverage, you can send us your information by filling this contact form.