- 3 cups of organic kale
- 1 organic green apple
- 2 organic carrots
- ½ organic beet
- 1 drop of dandelion extract
Use a juicer to extract the juice out of the kale, green apple, carrots, and beet. Stir in 1 drop of dandelion extract and drink immediately.
- You must drink this juice immediately after preparing it (within 10 minutes). Leaving it in the refrigerator or storing it for later consumption will oxidize it.
- If you prefer, juice the kale and the green apple in a juicer, but blend the carrots and beet in a blender. Combine together for a more fiberous juice. The fibers of the carrots and beets make for a heartier juice.
- Raw kale is difficult to digest. It is best consumed in juice form so that your body is able to extract the most healthy benefits of this plant.
Nutritional Factors according to WebMD and NutritionData.Self.com (percents are equal to the Percent Daily Value of the 2,000 calorie diet):
- Kale - One cup of chopped kale contains:
- 33 calories
- 9% of the daily value of calcium,
- 206% of vitamin A
- 134% of vitamin C
- 684% of vitamin K
- The minerals copper, potassium, iron, manganese, and phosphorus.
- Carotenoids and flavonoids, specific types of antioxidants associated with many of the anti-cancer health benefits.
- Eye-health promoting lutein and zeaxanthin compounds.
- Carrot – A medium-sized carrot contains:
- 25 calories, 6 grams carbs, and 2 grams fiber
- 200% of vitamin A
- Beet – One cup of beet contains:
- 58 calories, 2 grams protein
- 4 grams of fiber
- Vitamin C, iron, magnesium, potassium, manganese
- Beets are used in the treatment of liver diseases. They are also used to help lower levels of triglycerides in the blood, to lower blood pressure, and to improve athletic performance.
- Apple – One cup of apple contains:
- 65 calories
- 3 grams dietary fiber
- 10% of vitamin C
- Dandelion Extract
- 9% of vitamin B-6 (pyridoxine)
- 20% of Riboflavin
- 58% of vitamin C
- 338% of vitamin A
- 649% of vitamin K
- 39% of iron
- 19% of calcium
- Dandelion has diuretic functions. The plant has been used as an herbal remedy for liver and gall bladder complaints. It is also great herb to detox the liver.
- Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM) uses dandelion (also called Pu Gong Ying) to clear heat and relieve toxicity. It is used to treat many disorders like red eyes, painful eyes, lung abscess, sore throat, swollen lymph nodes, appendicitis, jaundice and any liver disorder. This herb is cold, sweet and bitter.
Benessere Miami is located in Doral, Florida and serves the surrounding areas of Hialeah, Pembroke Pines, Medley, Fountainebleau, and Miami. Established and run by Regina Oyarce, Benessere Miami provides a variety of services for wellness, relaxation, and holistic traditional medicine, focusing on Oriental Medicine. Regina Oyarce is a Doctor of Oriental Medicine (DOM), and licensed in the state of Florida as an Acupuncture Physician. Regina is also a Health Care Practitioner, Licensed Massage Therapist, Licensed Esthetician, and Certified Natural Health Provider. Benessere Miami provides the following wellness and therapeutic services:Hydrafacial, Acupuncture, Acupuncture for Kids, Acupressure, Massage Therapy, Deep Tissue Massage, Swedish massage, Therapeutic Massage, Iridology, Nutrition Consultations, and Chinese Herb Supplements. For more information or to schedule an appointment, contact Benessere Miami at 305-599-0770.