Overwhelmed by the holidays? You’re not alone. Many people feel stressed out during this hectic time of year with extra activities, lists, and so on.
Research shows that massage therapy can help reduce stress and improve your overall health this holiday season and all year-round. Now in days, massage is no longer considered a luxury, but rather an effective treatment for many medical conditions or discomfort you may be experiencing.
By taking 60 minutes have one of our massage therapists work on you, you could actually help prevent further injury dysfunction.
So how do you know whether you're stressed?
- Stress can come in different forms whether it be emotional, physical, or emotional. You may be experiencing stress if you..
- Have difficulty relaxing and quieting your mind
- Are feeling overwhelmed
- Have low energy
- Experience aches, pains, and tense muscles
- Go through frequent colds and infections…
Acupuncture has also been found to reduce stress not only throughout the holiday season but year round and here's how...
acupuncture can cause the nervous system to produce painkilling chemicals, jump-starting the body’s natural ability to heal itself, or stimulate the part of the brain that controls emotions. Don't miss out on such an advantageous opportunity and book your appointment today!
Another way to stimulate acupuncture points to reduce stress is through ear seeds! Their continuous mild pressure is amplified by stimulating the seed with a few seconds of fingertip massage every few hours but don't worry! They don't hurt. Ear seeds allow us to space out your treatments more without losing the momentum of the treatments. (Swaroski and Gold Plated ear seeds also available)
At home remedies..
Now, if for a variety of reasons you or someone you know is unable to contact a professional to alleviate your or their tension, there are always ways to do so at home that can be just as effective!
1. Maintain your healthy eating and exercise habits
2. Make a gift-shopping budget and stick to it
3. Set realistic expectations for yourself 4. Know when to walk away from a high stress situation 5. Take deep breaths
However, despite your best efforts you may feel the stress of it all is just too overwhelming. In this case reach out to us for your first consultation today!
Suffering from neck pain? Maybe even lower back pain? We so often get caught up trying to excel at work, as friends, and as family members that we forget to take time out to care for ourselves.
Massage therapy helps not only to relieve muscle tension and other soft tissue pain, but also has an impact on the patient by virtue of human touch. If you currently suffer any discomfort within your muscles consider incorporating massage therapy into your pain management program by choosing any of our selected types of massage such as..
Deep Tissue Massage
Give yourself some time to relax
When pressures are being thrown our way, relaxation is a really effective tool for looking after our health, both physical and mental. Relaxation may actually boost your immune system, silence any pain or discomfort, and allow you to sleep better at night! It can be hard to find the time to fit such an experience in our busy lives but the benefits of massage therapy really go above and beyond. In addition, to better your experience, we are able to add any essential oils, herbs, etc. upon request.
Additional benefits of massage therapy
• Physical relaxation
• Improved circulation, which nourishes cells and improves waste elimination
• Relief for tight muscles and other aches and pains
• Release of nerve compression
• Greater flexibility and range of motion
• Enhanced energy and vitality
• May help heal scar tissue as well as tendon, ligament, and muscle tears